They have also doubled the cost of an additional passenger and added a third on to the price of a booking. But in a really underhanded move they have moved the premium time rate from 10pm to 8pm, thereby catching more people going out for the night.
Public transport in Ireland is such a joke and a complete rip-off. It is no wonder the roads are clogged with private cars. This increase will also do little to lessen the scourge of drink driving in this country as people will avoid taking a taxi home.
Here is what the taxi rates in Dublin currently are:
- Day time 8am to 10pm €3.40
- Night time 10pm to 8am €3.70
- Day time 8am to 10pm €0.90 per Km
- Night time 10pm to 8am €1.20 per Km
- Booking fee of €1.50
- Additional passengers €0.50
- Soiling charge €75.
Here is what the fares will be from September 25th. I've highlighted what I see as the increases. If I'm wrong I'm sure some taxi driver will be able to correct me.
- Day time 8am to 8pm €3.80 +40c
- Night time 8pm to 8am +2Hr €4.10 +40c
- Day time 8am to 8pm
- €0.95 per Km +5c
- €1.25 after 14 Km +35c
- €1.63 after 30 Km +73c
- Night time 8pm to 8am +2Hr
- €1.25 per Km +5c
- €1.45 after 14 Km +25c
- €1.63 after 30 Km +43c
- Booking fee of €2 +50c
- Additional passenger €1 +50c
- Soiling charge €125 +€50