Saturday seems to be protest day in Dublin. Every idiot with a cause decides that Saturday is a good day to make a point. Some set up stands on the side of the street, some shout a lot, some block up O'Connell Street.
Today for example in a 15 minute walk from O'Connell Street through Temple Bar and on to Grafton Street we had
- Take Back the City (It seems they want to take the city back from its citizens and give it to kids)
- Youth Defense (abortion is banned in Ireland but they want it more banned)
- Coalition to Abandon the Fur Trade (fashionable young people protesting against fur. Careful, some pictures on their site are disturbing)
- Falun Gong (maybe they have a point, I don't know much about them)
- Youth Defense again (just to reinforce the point they had two protest stands going at the same time)
- Sinn Fein (a rather disturbing show of force in favor of a united Ireland, too many military style uniforms for comfort)
- Vegetarians (yes vegetarians, meat is murder and all that)
Its all getting boring. At this stage they seem to protest just because it is Saturday and thats what they do on Saturdays.