Friday, April 07, 2006

Pesky Wabbit

A super sized rabbit is terrorizing a quiet corner of English countryside. Yes really. An unusually large rabbit is plundering allotments and has driven the allotment owners to take desperate action.
"It is absolutely massive. I have seen its prints and they are huge, bigger than a deer. It is a brute of a thing."

Hmm, I wonder, could it possible actually be...... a deer...?

Mr Smith, who has kept an allotment for 25 years, added: "We have two lads here with guns who are trying to shoot it, but it is clever."

They have hired two "sharpshooters" to hunt down and kill the beast. Better not be a deer then, I'm sure I've read you can have your hand cut off in some parts of England for killing the Kings deer. But the hunter doesn't sound like a Robin Hood.

"It's a monster," said Brian Cadman, 17, one of the guards charged with terminating the rabbit. He said he could not wait to glimpse his prey for the first time. "Only a couple of people have seen it so far, but I've seen the evidence and I think it's going to be a biggie," he said.

Ah, if only someone would have given me a gun, a license to kill and international press coverage when I was 17 I could have chosen totally different path in life. International big game hunter, or James Bond.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wallace obviously had an accident in the lab again!