Thursday, May 24, 2007

Number 1


I noticed something mildly amusing last night, Dec's Rambling is the number 1 result for the google search "fianna fail promises". Fianna Fail themselves are in second spot. Lol, well it's not a bad post for Fianna Fail, more a joke and it's actually more about Fine Gael.

As for the main Number 1 of the day, well I voted this morning on my to work. Number 1 went to, shudder, the Green Party, 2 to Fine Gael, 3 to Labour. God help me. I'll probably be disowned now. After growing up in a Fianna Fail family my betrayal will probably see me eating election poster ash next Christmas. My view is that it was time to cut out the dead wood of the party so I see it as a good thing.

I worked my way through the list and I gave the three FF candidates some low preferences that probably wont be counted but you never know may just sneak one of them in at the end. It was a bit of a shame since the FF candidates in my constituency were not the worst of the bunch. I didn't have the opportunity to vote for people like Martin Cullen, then I could have skipped the preference completely. Well I'm looking forward to spending the next 2 to 5 years bitching and complaining as much about the FG/Lab/Green government as I did about the FF/PD one, fingers crossed. Hopefully then we will see a revitalised, energetic and inspired Fianna Fail that has gotten back in touch with the common people rising from the ashes to win the 2010 election (yeah, I'm giving a FG/Lab/Green coalition no more than 3 years)

No comments: