Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Setanta Sports in trouble?

It sounds like Setanta Sports is in trouble having apparently missed a payment of £3 million to the SPL for match rights. They are in talks with "a range of sporting bodies in an effort to change their payments following a strategic review".
Crap! I hope we dont return to a situation where Sky Sports hold the rights to every sporting event on TV, I like having the option to watch some Saturday soccer or late night American sports as part of my cable package.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I completely agree with you, I have brought the Setanta subscription at half price to give it a go and see how it compares to sky and i'm impressed. A beer in one hand and a barclays premiership football game on the telly is my idea of a Saturday afternoon.