Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Make Fairytale of New York Number 1 for Christmas

I bought my first song from iTunes today, Fairytale of New York by the Pogues and KirstyMacColl. I already had it on CD but I thought I'd do my bit to make it Number 1 for Christmas 2007.

The once great Christmas Number 1 title has meant nothing since XFactor made a mockery of the process. Now there is a campaign to get Fairytale of New York to the number 1 spot instead of the latest 1 month wonder from Simon Cowell. Who won Xfactor this year? I've already forgotten.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Did you happen to hear that BBC Radio 1 had tried to censor it? Apparently you can play "gangsta rap" but it's too offensive to have Kirsty and Shane calling each other "slut" and "faggot".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7149525.stm

Maolsheachlann said...

Maybe Shane McGowan should release a rap version of Fairytale of New York?

Soon the very term "Christmas" will be offensive, anyway. Harrumph. Harrumph.